PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents a special Thursday Flagship edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast featuring a WrestleMania 36 Preview with ex-WWE Creative Team member and professional stand-up comedian Matt McCarthy.
(Search “wade keller” to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
WrestleMania Weekend Live Report
By VIP member James in Dallas
– ROH Supercard of Honor Night 1: Great show highlighted by A.C.H. vs. Adam Cole. First time seeing the Young Bucks and I really enjoyed their charisma. Jay Lethal vs. Lio Rush was also awesome. Rush is really good in the ring, but doesn’t display enough emotions and seems to lack charisma early in his career.
– ROH Night 2: The show turned more into a regular card then a TV taping. Solid show. The highlight was the big four-way tag match won by The Briscoes.
– WrestleCon Live Show: Lucha Underground wrestlers were very over. I didn’t stay the full card. We were tired and had early Axxess the next day. Side note: Jeff Jarrett got into it with a lady ringside; she slapped him and was thrown out. Jarrett made it a point to get under the crowd’s skin as the heel and Matt Striker also played instigating role.
– WrestleMania: New Day was completely over. Tons of Booty O and Stone Cold shirts. The crowd loved Shane McMahon, but to me, Shane-Taker was sloppy and wasn’t worth “this is awesome” chants. Those kind of bumps shouldn’t happen anymore. We left during main event and were not the only ones. Not many noticed the length of show until the main event. The crowd was against Roman Reigns, and I even saw children booing him. That is pretty bad, not even Cena gets boo’d by kids.
WrestleMania 32 Live Report
By Brian Kettler
– The show certainly went way too long. Five hours for the main show is crazy long.
– The stadium was certainly sold out, not an empty seat in the house. The top rows were full all the way around, and the endzones were full with standing room only. They certainly put as many people in the stadium last night as it could hold, whatever the real capacity was.
– The crowd was very fatigued during the main event. Stephanie McMahon getting speared was the only real pop during that match.
– Loudest pops were probably for Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, and The Rock. All three got a big reaction.
– The doors did open about a half-hour later than they had said, and the fans were getting restless. Once opened, it took about another half-hour to get in.
The stadium was still completely full when the show started, though. That crowd was really something to see in-person, what a sight. Overall a fun night, even though the show went too long.