Attorney wants Florida judge to toss deal for alleged Epstein cohorts

The non-prosecution deal that had prohibited Florida authorities from going after co-conspirators of Jeffrey Epstein should be voided now that the pedophile is dead, a lawyer for two of his accusers said Monday.

The unnamed accusers had sued the US government in 2008, claiming Florida prosecutors acted illegally when they offered the wealthy Epstein a wrist-slap deal for child sexual abuse — without telling his victims.

Earlier this year, federal Judge Kenneth Marra ruled that prosecutors had in fact violated the Crime Victims Rights Act by failing to notify the women of the deal, which also included a provision that barred authorities from going after the serial predator’s enablers.

But given Epstein’s death by apparent suicide Saturday in a Manhattan jail on new sex-trafficking charges, Mara should toss that provision, said the accusers’ lawyer, Brad Edwards, in new court papers.

“Epstein is now dead — there will never be a criminal trial to hold him accountable, either in the Southern District of Florida, the Southern District of New York, or elsewhere,” the filing reads.

“In light of Epstein’s death, the Court must grant the victims (among other things) the rescission remedy that they seek regarding co-conspirators. Because of Epstein’s death, the need for many of the victims’ other proposed remedies has only increased — particularly the remedies concerning information for victims and holding a public hearing.”

Manhattan US Attorney Geoffrey Berman issued a statement Saturday after Epstein’s death saying his office was continuing its investigation into his crimes.

Marra has not yet ruled on Edwards’ motion.

Click Here: Discount Golf Appare

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *